The Helite Air Vest
The Helite Air Vest is an airbag for motorcycle and scooter riders. Made of modern light weight materials the fit and finish of the air vests is excellent. The two products in the picture are the same with the Hi-Viz version having an extra flap on the front to hide the velcro adjustable straps. The inflatable bladder inside the vest extends down the front of the the chest, around the neck and down either side of your spine creating a protective cushion around the torso in the event of an accident. The vest inflation is triggered by a neat and simple gas container similar to life jackets which is activated by a tether that is fastened to the motorcycle. The tether has a significant resistance to avoid premature inflation and the elasticated tether is quickly detached for easy mount and dismount of the bike. The vest is light weight and very comfortable to wear over all types of riding attire and comes with a built in CE appoved back protector. Replacement H2O cartridges are available from the manufacturer and the air vest is re usable.
It is very airy and free under the arms to make sure it adapts to the jacket you are wearing under.
Motorcyclists choose the air vest when they already own a jacket or have several jackets depending on the season and want to wear the adjustable air vest over every one of them.
- DOA Airbag model*, newest mechanical airbag system (inflates in 100ms)
- CE certified EN 1621/1 Certified Knox back protector
- Inner textile 3D mesh to maintain good air circulation. It has a pleasant and comfortable foam touch.
- Light, flexible and free under the arms to enable all movements.
- Very light, easy and adjustable buckles to close your jacket quickly even when you are wearing gloves.
- Hook and loop buckles on the chest for better adjustment of the vests width.
* The DOA Airbag model includes the 2012 Helite innovations that protects neck
and upper back even better than before in case of an accident.